You now have the ability to utilize a centralized approver list on your forms. This approver list is managed by your District People Admin to make it easier to account for changes in positions. All changes made to the centralized approver list will automatically update any forms where the centralized list is being used.
This article will show you how to use a centralized approver list on your forms. For a detailed video of centralized approver lists, check out this article here.
Note: In order to update the approvers for your form, you must be a form owner or manager. Please contact a district People Admin if you need changes made to the approvers on an existing list or if you think a new list is needed.
- How to link a centralized approver list
- How to update approver steps with pending forms
- How to unlink/remove centralized approver lists
- How to add a centralized approver list on the Form Wizard
How to link a Centralized Approver List
- Click on the form you’d like to utilize a standard approver list for
- Under Settings, select Edit Approvers
- Navigate to the desired step (ex. Admin Assistants, Administrators) and select Update Step
- Under the Approvers section, you’ll see “Not linked to an approver list. Add Link.” Click Add Link
- Here you’ll see a drop-down menu with a list of centralized approver lists you can link to. Select your desired centralized approver list and click Review Changes
- On the next page, you’ll see your current approver list on the left and the new centralized approver list on the right and any differences between both lists will be colored as below:
- Items in GREEN are present on the centralized approver list and will be added as an approver at this step
- Items in RED are not present on the centralized approver list and will be removed as approvers at this step
- Items in YELLOW have the same approver email, but the name/title will be changed (ex. “HR” to “Human Resources”)
- Items with no color will remain unchanged
NOTE: If you have approvers listed multiple times on the same step, ensure that your centralized approver list also lists them twice so they are not deleted. Contact Informed K12 for any centralized approver list updates
- Click Confirm Changes to make these updates. You’ll now see that the step has been updated with the centralized approver list
How to update an approver on the route with pending forms
- If an Approver is removed who had pending forms, upon selecting Confirm Changes, you’ll be taken to a page to assign any pending forms to a new approver.
- Select the new approver from the drop-down and click Assign Forms
- The new approver will receive email notifications to review their newly assigned forms
- Additionally, you can individually assign each form to a different step if they need to go to different approvers. You can follow instructions from our Help Center Article Here.
Once you begin using the centralized approver list, you’ll need to contact your District People Admin or Informed K12 support if there are any changes. If your form has a unique list of approvers, you may need to have a more customized list and stop using the centralized approver list.
How to unlink/remove Centralized Approver lists
- Click on the form and under Settings select Edit Approvers
- Navigate to the desired step and select Update Step
- Next to Approvers, select Modify Link
- From here, you can select to Unlink your list from the centralized approver list, or Link to a different approver list.
- Once unlinked, you’ll be able to update people in the approval route again. The centralized approvers from the centralized list will be copied, but no future changes to the centralized list will apply to your customized list
How to add a Centralized Approver list on the Form Wizard
You can now link your centralized approver list when creating new routed forms. Under the step settings, choose the option, "The approver selects from a centralized approver list." For more information on types of routed forms to bring online for your district, click here.