This feature is for form owners and managers only. It works for forms that were sent to the right approval step, but the wrong approver (e.g. it's on the principal step, but the wrong principal was selected).
If a form was sent to the wrong step entirely (i.e. a routing question was answered incorrectly), it will need to be sent back for corrections to re-route.
To re-route a form to a different approver on the same step (form owners & managers only)...
- Log into your account and navigate to your forms and submissions.
- On the submitted forms page, find the specific form you need to re-route. For more information about looking up submitted routed forms, go here.
- Once you find the specific form in the list, do not click into it, but instead click on the menu (three dots) on the right side of the row and select Change approver
- A window will pop up. Find the correct approver using the search bar or by selecting them from the list of available approvers for that step, and click the blue Change to [approver name] button.
- The new approver will receive a notification email letting them know and prompting them to approve the form. The old approver will see a read-only copy of the form if they click on the original link to the form; there will be a note at the top of the page explaining that the approver was changed.