Before you start creating your group form, you will need to first follow these steps to upload your group.
Note: This article applies to account holders with form creator access; Please contact your district people admin or other point of contact if you believe you should have form creator access.
To set up your group form:
- Click on the profile icon at the top right hand corner and click Groups/Docs.
- Click Create new form. A drop-down menu will appear. Click Group form.
- Enter a title for your form and click Add Document. You will need to select the PDF document for your form, then click Continue.
- You can now add fillable fields to your document.
- Use the toolbar to add fillable fields. You can learn more about the different tools on this page.
- If you would like to pre-fill fields from your group data to your form, click on Choose Group and select the group you uploaded. See "Create Group" for info on how to upload your group.
- By default, pre-filled fields will Allow Edits, which allows the recipient to be able to modify the prefilled fields. We recommend having this unchecked.
- For more information about adding and editing electronic fields on your document, see this article.
- Click on Preview to view your form from the recipient’s perspective. If you have pre-filled information, you can cycle through a preview of the first few records.
- Click on Save & Continue and select Send by email & track progress. Click on Continue.
- Select Choose Existing Group to select the group you previously uploaded (If you have pre filled data, the group you select must be the same as the group that you chose in step 4), then click Continue.
Note: Click here if you have to create your group form from scratch instead.
- On this page, you may adjust the email Subject and Message that your group will receive. Click on Send myself a test email to generate a test form. You will receive an email to view a form as your recipients will see it.
- If Allow replies to this email is checked, then recipients will be able to reply directly to you from the emails that they receive.
You can then activate and send out your form or put your form in test mode. We recommend test mode as it allows you to send yourself multiple test submissions to yourself and to make final edits to your form as needed. A test email will send you an email to view a form as one of your recipients would see it. It will contain the recipient data but will not be sent to the recipient during test mode.
- If this is your first time sending a group form, we strongly recommend that you contact support for review. We're happy to double check everything before you send!
After publishing your form, your test submissions are deleted and you can track your form to completion on your responses page.