Here you can find all of the tools available to you when creating your document for your form.
On the document editor page, you will see a toolbar with green buttons at the top. The toolbar contains the types of fields that you can add to your form.
Note: Can't find the document editor page? Go here first.
From the left to the right:
- = Adds a signature where you want users to be able to sign
- = Highlighter adds an open field where you need people filling out the form to type in their response
- = Adds static text like instructions or links for people filling out the form to see
- = Adds a checkbox where you’d like checkbox responses
- = Adds a drop down where you can input a list of options for a user to choose one
- = Adds a date field. This defaults to the date the form is submitted, but you can change this to a drop down calendar where users can pick the date
- = Adds a time field for users to select the time
- = Adds pre-filled information from a group that you created. In order to do this, you will first need to create a group. Then, choose the name of the group from the "Choose Group" drop-down menu to the right of the toolbar.
- = allows calculations to be used based on form fields
- = allows a reference number field to be added to the document
Under Advanced Options:
- Copy Fields From Doc = this will copy the fields from another document you’ve created to the new one you are working on. This is useful when recreating a document from a previous year
- Replace Document = this will replace the underlying pdf and allow you to upload a new pdf. You can only do this if a form has not yet received active submissions
- Auto Detect Fields = allows you to use the Informed K12 wizard to auto detect where fields will go on your document
- Clear Fields = erases the fields you’ve laid down and allows you to start the document over
- Toggle Advanced Tools = brings up the formula tools and reference number tools
- Attachments = allows you to check whether attachments are allowed or required. Please be reminded if attachments are required, the person filling out the form will not be able to move forward without attaching something.
- Routing Instructions = use this box to show routing instructions to the form submitter right before they select the first approver.
Making Fields Editable for Approvers & Field For:
With routed forms, the number next to the field indicates which step the field is currently assigned to. To change this, click on the field and select a different step from the Field for: dropdown menu.
If you want to make fields editable to later steps in the route, click on the field and check Editable by approvers? (see next page for visual).
Naming your inputs (e.g. Input 1 below) will set the stage for designating Tracked Fields that can be used as filters on the submissions page and column headings for data report downloads. Follow up with Support or your CSM if you have interest in setting up tracked fields for your forms..
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any trouble or have any questions!