Note: This feature requires you to have Form Admin access at your district. If you do not have Form Admin access, please contact your District People Administrator for assistance. For assistance setting up Prefill for the first time, please reach out to Informed K12 for support. For a walkthrough of this feature, you can click on the Papel Icon to access Form Admin Training videos.
In this article, we will explain how to enable the Prefill feature on your folders. To begin, you will need to upload a Data Source, which will act as the origin of the data populating your desired documents.
This article will guide you through the process of uploading the Data Source, connecting it to a form, and configuring the fields on the document to autopopulate based on the Data Source. Once set up, you will need to manage user access to the Data Source to utilize the Prefill feature. We will also outline how to refresh the Data Source via a CSV.
- How to upload a Data Source
- How to connect the Data Source to a Document
- How to set up Fields to Prefill on your document from your Data Source
- How to grant users permissions to use the Data Source to Prefill Forms
- How to refresh your Data Source via a CSV
How to Upload a Data Source
Prepare a CSV file containing the data you wish to prefill on your form.
Take this opportunity to assess what information on your forms you want included in the Data Source for prefilling.
- Navigate to Form Admin Console
- Select Data Sources Tab and choose Add Data Source
- Provide a recognizable name for your Data Source and select Choose File to upload your CSV
- Select a Unique Identifier from your CSV, and select Add Data Source
How to Connect the Data Source to a Document
- Navigate to the Campaign Settings in the desired folder
- Under Form Management, next to Prefill, select New
- Choose your Data Source
- Select Edit under the title of the Data Source, and Add Preview Column to specify which fields are visible to initiators using the Data Source for Prefill on the form
Note: Avoid using sensitive data in the preview section for initiators
How to set up Fields to Prefill on your document from your Data Source
- Navigate to the Document Editor within the folder linked to the Data Source
- Click into the fields that will be Prefilled with data from the Data Source. In the gray box, you will see the option to designate which column header from the Data Source will populate into this field
How to grant users Permissions to use the Data Source to Prefill Forms
In order to have access to Prefill information on submissions using the Data Source, you’ll have to give permissions to the users to the Data Source. Users must have an InformedK12 account in order to be given permissions to the Data Source. The District People Admin can follow instructions here to grant users InformedK12 accounts.
- Navigate to the Data Source, and click Permissions
- Select Add User, and enter the desired users email
Note: With access to the Data Source, users can potentially prefill any designated information onto the form. Consider this when deciding what information to include on your Data Source and whom to grant access.
How to refresh your Data Source Via a CSV
- From the Data Source page in the Form Admin Console, select Re-upload Data
- Upload a new CSV file with refreshed information into existing records or add new records. This will automatically refresh existing cells and appear for users submitting new forms.
- Note: You cannot remove columns from the existing Data Source.