Note: These instructions are for Form Admins only. To access form admin console videos, click here.
The highest role for form access for district staff in Informed K12 is called a Form Admin. Form Admin have access to the Forms Console, where they have the ability to set up a Data Source to use to Prefill information on Forms.
A Data Source can be kept up to date either manually, by re-uploading a CSV file or via the Data Source API at will.
To Generate your API Key
What is an API?
An API is an Application Programming Interface that acts as a way for two or more computer programs to communicate with each other.
In order to set up the Data refresh via API, you'll need your API key from Informed K12.
To Generate your API Key:
1. Navigate to your user Account Settings
2. Under API Keys on the left-hand side, select Generate new Key
3. Give your new Key a name and select Generate Key
4. On the next page, copy your key. This is called a Token. You must save this somewhere. You will not see it again.
5. Click Got it. Your API Key has now been generated and can be referenced here.