Depending on the needs of your form, it may make sense to allow later approvers of your form to have access to edit certain fields when the form reaches their step. To provide these editing rights, there are two steps: granting a step editing rights and marking a field as editable by approvers.
Note: This article applies to form owners and creators only; Please contact your district people admin or other point of contact if you believe you should have form creator access.
Here's how to complete these two steps:
1. Mark a field as "editable by approvers".
2. Grant a later approver step "editing rights".
Mark a field as editable by approvers
- Log in to your account
- On the main Manage Forms page, find your form and click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner of the folder.
- Click on the Edit Document option.
- Click on the field to open the grey field settings box
- Click on the "Editable by approvers" checkbox at the bottom to enable edits
Tip: You can toggle all editable fields to be visible by changing the Badge Option under advanced options to Show Editable by Approver.
Grant a later approver editing rights
Allow approver steps to edit specific fields filled out by previous steps. These settings might only be available to certain access levels. Click here to learn more about what these different types of access mean.
Note: We strongly encourage avoiding making sensitive fields (SSN, DL Numbers, etc) editable on your district forms.
Log in to your account
On the Manage Forms page, click on a form folder to go to the responses page.
- Click on the Approval Route button on the left side panel.
- Click on a step to see the list of approvers, then click on Edit.
- This will take you to the route editor page. Scroll down to the Step you would like to edit.
- Under the step name, click on Update step.
- Next to Editing Rights select on or off and click Save.