Allow approvers from previous steps to edit fields
Allow approvers steps to edit specific fields filled out by previous steps. These settings might only be available to certain access levels. Click here to learn more about what these different types of access mean.
Note: Please be mindful of the type of information being allowed edits by users. We strongly encourage avoiding making sensitive fields (SSN, DL Numbers, etc) on your district forms.
For an approver to edit a field from previous steps, two things must happen:
- Form Owners must mark the field as Editable by Approvers.
- The step must have Editing Rights turned on.
Marking a field as Editable as a Form Owner...
- Log in to your account
- On the main Active Forms page, find your form and click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner of the folder.
- Click on the Edit Document option.
- Click on the field to open the grey field settings box
- Click on the "Editable by approvers" checkbox at the bottom to enable edits
Tip: You can toggle all editable fields to be visible by changing the Badge Option under advanced options to Show Editable by Approver.
Turning on editing rights as a Form Owner or Manager...
Log in to your account
On the main Active Forms page, click on a form folder to go to the submissions page.
- Click on the Approval Route button on the left side panel.
- Click on a step to see the list of approvers
- Click on Edit next to the "Approvers" section header. That will take you to the route editor pop-up.
- Under the step name, click on Update step.
- Next to Editing Rights select on or off and click Save.