For more about when you use a simple form versus other types of forms, please see article: Know when to use simple form.
To set up a simple form...
- Log into your account
- On the main Active Forms page, scroll over to the far right-hand side and click on the person icon. Click Groups/Docs
- Click Create new form. A drop-down menu will appear. Click Group form.
- Name your form and click Add Document to upload the PDF document for your form.
- Click Continue.
- Choose whether you would like fields to be automatically detected or not (I'd recommend choosing, "Yes, please!") the Form Wizard will guess where your form needs fields added, which can save you time!
- Customize the fields on your form. For more information about customizing fields, see article: Customize fields on form. You can always come back and finish this step later!
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Create Shortlink. Click Continue.
- Click Publish & Create Shortlink.
- You're done setting up your form! Click Go to Active Forms. You will now see your new form appear on the main Forms page of your account.
- Once your form is set up, others can start filling it out using the custom link for your form. You can copy the link from the same page where you published your form (shown above), or you can find the link later on the main Forms page. Just click on the menu next to your form name and select Copy link.
To finish customizing the fields on your form later...
- See article: Edit a form you already set up.
To find and track submitted forms after people start filling out your form, see article: Look up submitted route forms.