If your form has an approval route, you can choose whether or not approvers will be able to edit information filled out by those prior to them in the route.
Note: Even if fields are marked as Editable by approvers, each approver must also be given editing rights during the form setup process in order to be able to edit those fields.
Note: Only form owners have access to edit a form's document. For more information on permissions to a form click here.
How to check which fields are editable by approvers
To confirm that you've made fields editable or which ones were already marked editable, you can turn on the Editable by approvers badge.
1. Click on Advanced Options
2. Click on the Badge options
3. Select Show editable by approver
All fields that are editable by approver will show a teal pencil on the left side of it.
How to make a field editable by approvers
- Click on the field to open the grey field settings box
- Click on the Editable by approvers checkbox at the bottom to enable edits
- Click Save.
How to make multiple fields editable by approvers at once
You can apply this Editable by approvers change to multiple fields at once by using your keyboard hotkeys. To do this, you'll want to first make sure that your hotkeys are turned on. Here's an article that details how.
1. Select all the fields that should be marked editable by approvers.
2. Click the letter "E" on your keyboard.
3. All the selected fields are now editable by approvers.
You can also click "E" again if these no longer need to be editable. It will toggle on and off as needed.