In this article, we will review:
Note: This article applies to Form Owners and Form Admins only; please contact your district people admin or another point of contact if you believe you should have form creator access.
You have the option to include a reference number field on a form, which will automatically generate a reference number for every submission. You also can add a prefix to your reference number to support your reporting.
Note: A reference number field can only be modified while the form is in test mode. Once the form is published, any changes to the reference field will require the field be deleted and re-added, which may impact the searching and reporting for this field.
How to add a reference number field to your form
- Navigate to your form and into document editor
- Click on the Advanced Options drop-down menu next to the toolbar at the top.
- Click on the Toggle Advanced Tools button at the bottom.
- You will see two smaller buttons appear in the toolbar, click the one with the # symbol to select the reference number field.
- To add the reference field, click where you want it to appear on your form.
- A pop-up window will appear, giving you the opportunity to customize the prefix and starting number.
- Click the Save button once you’ve made your changes.
How to add your reference number as a sort and filter option.
- Navigate to your form's Settings page.
- Next to Filters & Search, click Edit.
- Click Add Fields to select the reference field and any other fields you would like to include as filter and search options
- You will see that some fields may have a default label, such as Date 13, Input 1. To label these fields, you will need to name them in the Document Editor (See Label fields for reporting).
- Click on Save Changes. You can use use the field to adjust the order that the fields will display (e.g., 1 indicates the left most filter).
- Once you are finished, click Close to return to your responses page,