For more about when you use a simple form versus other types of forms, please see the article: Know when to use simple form.
How to set up a simple form
- Log into your account
- On the Manage Forms page, scroll over to the far right-hand side and click on your profile icon. Click Groups/Docs
- Click Add Document.
- Name your form and click Add Document to upload the PDF document for your form.
- Click Continue.
- Choose whether you would like fields to be automatically detected or not (I'd recommend choosing, "Yes, please!"). If yes, the Form Wizard will guess where your form needs fields added, which can save you time!
- Customize the fields on your form. For more information about customizing fields, see: Customize fields (hint: "Add a Field" is a good place to start). You can always come back and finish this step later!
- Click Save and Choose Sharing Options.
- Select the Post a Link option and click "Create Form".
- Click "Test your form" if you would like to test your form Setup. Otherwise, click "Publish" if your form is ready to share!
Note: You can read more about testing your form see the article: How to Test Your Form
- You're done setting up your form! Click Go to Active Forms. You will now see your new form appear on the Manage Forms page of your account.
- Once your form is published, others can start filling it out using the custom link for your form. You can copy the link from the same page where you published your form (shown above), or you can find the link later on the main Forms page. Just click on the menu next to your form name and select Copy link.
Note: Only share the initiator link that looks like the one below. Do not share the tokenized link.
To finish customizing the fields on your form later...
- See article: Edit a form you already set up.
To find and track submitted forms after people start filling out your form, see the article: Look up submitted route forms.