You can use Keyboard Shortcuts in the Document Editor to perfectly align your fields with your uploaded document. These shortcuts are off by default and need to be enabled in Account Settings. [Jump to How do I enable these Document Editor Hotkeys?]
Note: This article applies to form creators only; Please contact your district people admin or other point of contact if you believe you should have form creator access.
All of the shortcuts can be done with multiple fields selected. To select multiple fields, drag to select. Selected fields are indicated in blue.
Use the ←, →, ↓, and ↑ keys to move selected fields in any direction.
Control Field Size
Use the [, ], =, and ' keys to resize selected fields.
- ] increases the length of selected fields
- [ decreases the length of selected fields
- ' increases the height of selected fields
- = decreases the height of selected fields
Use the c key to copy one or more fields. The copied fields will appear below.
Control Field Settings
Use the following keys to control settings
- r makes selected fields required.
- n makes selected fields have number validation.
- m makes selected fields have number validation with two decimal point rounding.
- e makes selected fields editable by special approvers.
Align Multiple Fields Together
Use shift + ← or shift + ↑ to align selected fields together.
- shift + ← aligns selected fields with the leftmost selected field.
- shift + ↑ aligns selected fields with the topmost selected field.
Change Field Label Display
Click on Advanced Options to control the Badge display for fields
- Show Step Number: Displays the step number that the field is associated with (e.g. 1, 2...)
- Show Editable by Approver: Displays an icon to indicate that the field is editable by special approvers
New Editable by Approver badge:
How do I enable these Document Editor Hotkeys?
- Click on the Account icon in the top right corner .
- Select Account Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Under Document Editor Hotkeys, click on the slider to toggle the feature on.
|Select multiple fields.||Drag with mouse to select.|
|Move selected fields left.||←|
|Move selected fields right.||→|
|Move selected fields down.||↓|
|Move selected fields up.||↑|
|Decrease selected field length.||[|
|Increase selected field length.||]|
|Decrease selected field height.||=|
|Increase selected field height.||'|
|Create a copy of selected fields.||c|
|Make selected fields required.||r|
|Make selected fields have number validation.||n|
|Make selected fields have number validation with two decimal point rounding.||m|
|Make selected fields editable by special approvers.||e|
|Switch between automatic or dropdown date fields||d|
|Align selected fields left (with the leftmost field)||Shift +←|
|Align selected fields up (with the topmost field)||Shift +↑|
|Delete selected fields||Backspace|