When creating a form in your Documents tab, you may find that you need to make updates to multiple fields at once. You can use your keyboard Hot Keys to accomplish this. These shortcuts allow you to select multiple fields and apply the same changes to all of them at once. This feature is off by default but can be enabled in your Account settings. The most common shortcut options are shown in this article and the additional options are shown at the end in the directory.
Note: This article applies to form creators only; Please contact your district people admin or other point of contact if you believe you should have form creator access.
How to enable Hot Keys
- Click on the Account icon in the top right corner .
- Select Account Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Under Document Editor Hotkeys, click on the slider to toggle the feature on.
How to select multiple fields
All of the shortcuts can be used with multiple selected fields. To select multiple fields, click in the white space of your form and drag to select the fields that should be updated. Selected fields are indicated in teal.
How to move selected fields
Use the ←, →, ↓, and ↑ keys to move selected fields in any direction.
How to edit the dimensions of your selected fields
Use the [, ], =, and ' keys to resize selected fields.
- ] increases the length of selected fields
- [ decreases the length of selected fields
- ' increases the height of selected fields
- = decreases the height of selected fields
How to copy your selected fields
Use the c key to copy one or more fields. The copied fields will appear below.
How to update the settings of your selected fields
Use the following keys to control settings
- r makes selected fields required.
- n makes selected fields have number validation.
- m makes selected fields have number validation with two decimal point rounding.
- e makes selected fields editable by special approvers.
How to align your selected fields
Use shift + ← or shift + ↑ to align selected fields together.
- shift + ← aligns selected fields with the leftmost selected field.
- shift + ↑ aligns selected fields with the topmost selected field.
How to change the badge information for your fields
Click on Advanced Options to control the Badge display for fields
- Show Step Number: Displays the step number that the field is associated with (e.g. 1, 2...)
- Show Editable by Approver: Displays an icon to indicate that the field is editable by special approvers
New Editable by Approver badge:
|Select multiple fields.||Drag with mouse to select.|
|Move selected fields left.||←|
|Move selected fields right.||→|
|Move selected fields down.||↓|
|Move selected fields up.||↑|
|Decrease selected field length.||[|
|Increase selected field length.||]|
|Decrease selected field height.||=|
|Increase selected field height.||'|
|Create a copy of selected fields.||c|
|Make selected fields required.||r|
|Make selected fields have number validation.||n|
|Make selected fields have number validation with two decimal point rounding.||m|
|Make selected fields editable by special approvers.||e|
|Switch between automatic or dropdown date fields||d|
|Align selected fields left (with the leftmost field)||Shift +←|
|Align selected fields up (with the topmost field)||Shift +↑|
|Delete selected fields||Backspace|