Note: These instructions are for District Admins only
The highest level of access for district staff in Informed K12 is called District Admin. This is a powerful access level for our primary district point people. District Admins have access to the People Console that allows them to help manage all staff user accounts in their district.
As a reminder, people who just fill out forms and most form approvers do not need an account. Learn more about who needs an account here. District Admins can access and utilize the People Console by following these instructions:
- From your account homepage, click on the ADMIN option in the far right corner. Then, scroll down and click on People.
- This will take you to the People Console. Once there, you will be able to see any staff member in your district who has an account or who has ever had an account.
- Next to every staff user account in your district, you will see a MANAGE option. If you click on this option, you will be able to do 3 actions. Each one is explained below.
- Reset Password: Send this person an email with a link to reset their password. The email will be sent to the email associated with their account.
- Make District Admin: Make this person a District Admin just like you! As a District Admin, that person will be able to:
- View/manage submissions for all forms
- Edit fields on all forms
- Edit approvers on all approval routes
- Manage form manager/view-only permissions on all forms
- Give others District Admin access
It’s a powerful level of access, so we recommend being very thoughtful about who you give it to.
- Deactivate Account: Deactivate that person's account. That person will no longer be able to log into Informed K12. If you deactivate an account and need to reactivate it later, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send Activation Email: If someone's account status is Invited then you can re-send them an account activation email. An Invited status indicates they have not yet activated or logged into their account.
- Creating accounts: You can also invite staff to create an account from the People Console. On the top of the page, click on the Invite user button. You will be shown an account creation link that you can paste into an email.
As a reminder, most people who only need to fill out or approve forms don't need an account. Learn more here. In addition, when someone is given Form Manager or View-only access to a form on the Permissions page, an account is automatically created for them if they don't already have one.