When should you use a Routed form?
- When your form needs at least one level of review or approval before it is completed
- When you need notifications to let various staff know that the form has been submitted or approved
- When a form often needs corrections
Examples of common Routed forms:
- Field Trip Requests
- Student Transfers & Registration forms
- Conference & Travel Requests
- Purchase Orders
- Staff Mileage & Reimbursements
- New Hire & Benefits paperwork
- Personnel Requisitions / Position Control forms (HR)
For more about how to set up an approval route form, see article: Set up approval route form. If you would like to have a Routed form set up, please reach out to Support! We're happy to help you figure out the best way to set up your approval route given your needs.