You can click on the video timeline to skip to a different video topic.
This article will describe how to create, send and maintain weekly COVID testing forms. Your district might have a specific contract with Informed K12 regarding the types of forms that can be created. Please contact your district's Informed K12 form admin for your account before creating a form.
Topics covered in this article:
- how to set up your document
- How to send your form
- How to track and manage your form
- How to maintain your form weekly
How to set up your document
Note: You must first create a group for your weekly COVID testing distribution. Please review our How to create a group article to create your recipient group. We also recommend naming your group with the date/date range so you can easily track your results week over week.
Example: “Weekly Covid Testing 9/17/21”.
To use pre-fill fields from your group data to your form, click on Choose Group and select the group you uploaded.
1. Select the "Group Data" tool from the document Tool Bar.
2. Add the prefilled data to the appropriate fields.
3. By default, pre-filled fields will Allow Edits, which allows the recipient to be able to modify the prefilled fields. We recommend having this unchecked.
4. Please also label your fields as this will help with tracking your forms.
To allow and require attachments, check the box that says “Allow attachments” under the advanced tools section.
- This will allow the recipients of the form to add an attachment. You can check the “Required” box as well to require attachments for this form.
- When you require attachments, employees won’t be able to submit the form without attaching their documentation.
How to send your form
To send this document to your group, click “Choose sharing options” located on the top right of the document underneath the “Save” and “Preview” buttons. You might need to save your document first in order to see this option.
Click “email to group” > Choose this week's COVID group > Click “Create form”
Enter a custom message. A custom message will inform the recipient of this form why they are receiving the form and you can also provide a due date. Here is an example of a suggested message:
To ensure the safety of all students and staff, all [DISTRICT NAME] employees/workers who are not vaccinated or failed to indicate their fully vaccinated status are immediately required to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and upload results.
To comply with this requirement, please complete this confidential form, upload your testing results, and submit it to Human Resources via Informed K12. You will receive a copy of your submission for your records.
Your testing results are due by: 9/17/2021.
Failure to submit your testing results by the deadline will result in unpaid leave.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.”
Click on “Send myself a test email” to generate a test form. You will receive an email to view a form as your recipients will see it.
- If Allow replies to this email is checked, then recipients will be able to reply directly to you from the emails that they receive.
Confirm that the emails match the names and that the number of recipients matches your spreadsheet.
- Click Activate and send the form out in batches to the recipients.
How to track and manage your form
To track this form and submissions add your Search and Filter fields and share the folder with any people who also need access to view and manage the responses that come in.
To add Filter and Search fields...
- Click the folder for this week’s responses
- Go to settings > Click Filters and Search
- Check the boxes next to the fields you will like to track on the responses page
- Click “Save changes”
To share permissions...
Please review this article that describes the different permission sets and access levels.
- In your “Settings” section, go to “Permissions” and click “Invite”.
- Enter the person’s email address and click "next".
- Designate permissions set for the person who will need to manage this form and click “Send invite”.
To check progress...
Click the folder of the form located on your homepage. There, you will find a status bar that will display the progress of your completed forms.
How to maintain your form weekly
Correcting bounced emails...
- When viewing your responses page, you may find some emails have bounced. The form managers or owners are able to correct a bounced email.
- Click the “View info” button on the bounced submission and click update.
- Update the email address for the recipient and click "update".
- Reminder: You must click “Send now” from the responses page to make sure the form is sent to the updated email address.
To send a reminder...
You can remind members of the group that have not completed the form by going to the responses page.
Filter any forms that are “Unopened”.
On the top right of the list select “Send reminder”.
To download the completed submissions...
1. You can download completed submissions as a spreadsheet or PDF.
2. Go to the responses page and select "completed" forms on the left menu.
3. Select the completed submissions.
4. On the top right of the list select “Download”
5. Choose ether download as a spreadsheet or PDF.
Archiving the previous week's form...
On the due date for the previous week’s submissions, you would want to archive that week’s form. This will prevent new submissions for the previous week’s form.
To archive the form, go to the folder for that week’s submissions > Click the arrow located on the top right of the folder > Click archive.
Sending your next Weekly COVID Testing Form...
Before adding a new group, You’ll want to decide whether you want to upload a new group each week or if you prefer to make the edits on the group within Informed K12.
- We recommend uploading a new group each week with the dates included in the group name if you have a lot of status changes week over week. You will track any status changes on a separate spreadsheet or google sheet and make sure you have the most updated list. It’ll also be easier to add new batches of employees and make larger updates on the spreadsheet.
- However, one thing to note is that you will have to upload a new group every week so you’ll want to make sure your headers are identical to the previous week.
- If you do have very few statuses changes week over week, you can manage any group changes from your groups/docs page on Informed K12.
Can use your existing group already set up in Informed K12
You have to add or remove new recipients one by one. We’d recommend uploading a new group if you have more than 20 recipients change to your group.
Once you have decided on how you will update the group information, follow the same steps
from the “Setting up your document” and "Sending your form" sections of this article.
If you have any questions about this process please feel free to reach out to Support