We recommend testing any form that you have created before posting or sending the live link out to others. Testing a form is important to gather feedback from approvers or other users working with your form. Once a form has gathered live submissions, it is more difficult to make changes to the form or underlying document.
You can walk through the steps below to assist with testing your form:
- Navigate to the folder on your manage forms page and click to open the folder.
- Select “Initiate Blank form” Note: You can copy the “public shareable link” and post wherever you want your user’s to go to fill out the form
- This will take you to the page people filling out your form will see when they click on the link. From here, you can input your name and email and click “Go to form”
- Ensure that all fields that need information are required, and that all drop-downs have all the appropriate options listed
- Once you’ve completed the form, you can select “Submit form” and send the form forward to the next test approver.
Some things to note…
- If your form has multiple steps, you can test the form by adding yourself as an approver at every step of the route by clicking on the folder and selecting “Edit Approvers”
- If you are the form owner, you can make changes to the underlying document by clicking on the folder and selecting “Edit Document”
- If there are certain fields with data that you would like to appear for you in the description section of your submissions page, please reach out to email@example.com
If you require assistance with adding additional approval steps or correcting something else you’ve noticed when testing your form, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us by clicking on the green Support button in the bottom right when you are logged in.