A group form (or "group form" for short) allows you to send your form out to a pre-designated group of recipients and track progress toward 100% completion. Unlike simple forms and approval route forms, it cannot be filled out by anyone with the form link. It can only be filled out by the recipients in your group. To set up a group form, you must have form creator access.
When should you use a group form?
- When you need to be able to verify that you have received a form from every student in a class/grade, every employee at a school/department, etc.
- When the form does not have a complex approval process
Examples of common group forms:
Anything this is mandatory for a specific group of people, like...
- Permission slips
- Intent to return / Letter of Intent / Notice of Election (HR)
- Staff emergency contact updates
- Technology acceptable use policies
- Behavior policy acknowledgements
For more about how to set up a group form, see article: Create group.